Spiritual Tours of Ladakh
5 Night & 6 Days
Saboo Gompa, Hemis Monasteries
This region is nestled between the imposing mountain ranges of Karakoram and Himalayas. Ladakh is renowned as a prominent spot of Buddhist religion in India. It is also one of the most significant and outstanding Buddhist centres of religious teaching and spirituality.
- Day - 1 Leh (Arrival)
Upon your arrival at Leh Airport, our tour representative will meet you and assist you in smooth transfer to the hotel. The day is kept free for acclimatization. Stay overnight in the hotel.
- Day - 2 visit Saboo Gompa and SOS Village (Choglamsar)
The morning is free to relax. In the afternoon, hit the road to Saboo, which is around 8 kilometers from Leh and nestled atop of a hillock facing the Indus Valley. It is the most visited monastery in Leh.
On your way back to Leh, visit the SOS village (Choglamsar). It is an important destination for those who are interested in studying Tibetan culture. The Central Institute of Buddhist Studies located here features a Tibetan library, handicraft shop, restaurants and medical center. There is also a golf course and a polo ground.
- Day - 3 Visit Takthok - Chemrey - Hemis Monasteries
Day 3 starts with an early morning visit to Takthok Gompa. Built in the 8th century by Guru Padmasambhava, Takthok Gompa is situated around the cave where he meditated.
- Day - 4 Phyang - Basgo - Alchi
Post breakfast, take a road journey to Alchi. On the way, halt at Phyang Gompa, located on the main highway to Alchi. It is one of the most beautiful monasteries in Ladakh.
- Day - 5 Alchi - Ridzong - Lamayuru
While returning back from Alchi to Lamayuru, pay a visit to Ridzong Gompa, one of the less visited monasteries in Ladakh. Built sometime around 1840, this Gompa is beautifully set in a valley, in a gorge and was founded by Lama Tsultim Nima.
- Day - 6 Lamayuru - Leh
Today, you will drive back to Leh for lunch at the hotel. The afternoon is free for leisure. Stay overnight in the hotel.
- 5% Goods and Service tax applicable.
- Any kind of personal expenses or optional tours / extra meals ordered.
- Monument entrances, rafting & camel safari charges.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head “Prices include”.
- Tips, insurance, laundry, phone calls, etc.
- Any kind of drinks (Alcoholic, Mineral, Aerated).
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks or any other factor beyond control.
- Price On Request